Winter Storm Watch Issued by NWS
Written by WKTN Staff on December 20, 2022
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH
- WHAT…Combination of snow, wind, blowing snow, and very low
wind chill possible. Total snow accumulations of up to two
inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Wind chill
could be as low as 30 below.
- WHERE…Portions of East Central Indiana and West Central Ohio.
- WHEN…From Thursday evening through Friday afternoon.
- IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. Blowing snow could
significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous conditions could
impact the Friday morning commute as well as holiday travel.
Strong winds could cause tree damage. The cold wind chills as
low as 30 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as
little as 30 minutes.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Temperatures will drop sharply in the
matter of a few hours during Thursday night, rapidly falling
well below freezing.