Annual Hardin County Beef Banquet Set for March 23

Written by on March 7, 2019

Hardin County – The Hardin County Cattle Producers will hold their annual Beef Banquet on Saturday, March 23 in the Community Building at the fairgrounds, starting at 6:00 pm. Pre-sale adult tickets are $15 ($20 at the door), youth ages 6-12 are $7.50 ($10 at the door), kids under 6 years old are free, and 2018 Hardin County Junior Fair Beef Barn Exhibitors are free with a reservation given to any Cattle Producers Director. Please request pre-sale tickets by March 13.

Tickets can be purchased from the following county Cattle Producers Directors: Marcia Hoovler, Adam Billenstein, Jeff Oestreich, Holli Underwood, Stacia Hall-Boughan, Derek Dunson, Dane Jeffers, Traci Deckling, Deana Gibson, Dick Cronley, Mark Badertscher, and Heather Searson. Reservations can also be made by calling the Extension office at 419-674-2297 ahead of the banquet and pay at the door.

The new Hardin County Beef Ambassadors will be announced the night of the banquet. The Hardin County Beef Ambassador Program (HCBAP) provides an opportunity for youth to educate consumers and students about beef nutrition, food safety and stewardship practices of the beef industry. The Beef Ambassador Team will promote the beef industry as they develop skills of leadership, communication and self-confidence. The Beef Ambassador Program seeks to educate team members about the beef industry so that they may be better prepared to tell their own story regarding agriculture.

Scholarship winners will also be announced the night of the banquet. The Hardin County Cattle Producers are offering up to five-$500 scholarships to qualified students for the 2019-20 school year. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who themselves or their parents are current members of the Hardin County Cattle Producers or currently have a beef cattle project in either 4-H or FFA. Applicants for the Cattle Producers scholarships and Beef Ambassador Program can go to to apply by the March 15 deadline. Printed copies of these applications can be obtained from the OSU Extension office.

Current track