UNOH Plans Activities for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Written by WKTN Staff on March 24, 2023
The month of April is nationally recognized as Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM).
The University of Northwestern Ohio’s Counseling Center and Title IX Office have partnered up to create a month full of educational and interactive ways to address sexual violence. During the month national statistics, local resources, and ways to get involved on campus will be e-mailed to faculty, staff, and students.
Events scheduled on campus include:
April 4th – What They Were Wearing
• 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. in the Dr. Cheryl A. Mueller Library, 13000 Building
• A display of clothing of what sexual assault survivors were wearing when assaulted. This humbling experience walks visitors through the visualization that what a victim is wearing when they are assaulted.
April 18th – Cookies & Consent
• 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Racers Station
• Students, Faculty, and Staff are welcome to stop by Racers Station and stop by the information table and grab a cookie while learning more about consent from Crime Victim Services representatives.
April 19th – Bystander Intervention Training
• 3:00 p.m. in the Dr. Cheryl A. Mueller Library, 13000 Building
• Bystander intervention is built on the idea that we all play a role in creating safe public spaces for each other when we see our neighbors and community members facing bias, discrimination, or harassment.
April 25th – Paint Night
• 7:00 p.m. at Racers Station
• Join fellow students at Racers Station as they paint a canvas and stop by the information table to learn more about Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention.